First, let me preface this post by letting you know that at my Miami based social media marketing agency we don’t condone tricks of the trade (i.e. buying Twitter followers); because (a) we believe in transparency, and (b) you can’t leverage fake followers. With solid and honest work, you will garner a targeted Twitter follower base with the following how to tips:
- Tweet More, Get More Followers! Concentrated and frequent tweets offering quality content will increase your follower growth by up to 50%.
- Receive Up-To 3 to 4 Times The Engagement by Tweeting Multi-Media: Share videos and photos, and you’ll be rewarded handsomely!
- Increasing Your @mentions Will Garner You A Larger Following in No Time: The @ symbol is literally like calling someone out. So if you want to ask me a question on Twitter, just start the 140 character conversation with @ecopressinc. The same is true for any Twitter handle account.
- # Hashtags Have The Potential to Increase Your Twitter Following by 100%: Just this week I was coaching one of my clients on how to engage with their young Twitter followers. The product we’re marketing is an acne line product. So I urged my clients to use the # hashtag sign when speaking of #acne and #pimples. In no time (and I mean just this week) they grew to over 1200 followers. Of course it’s not only the advice I am offering here, it’s a result of a number of Twitter marketing strategies we used, but I promise you the advice I offer in this post is fool-proof!
- Retweets Will Get You More Followers: You’ll see the growth of your followers to increase by as much as 200% if you retweet your target audience’s tweets. No random tweets. Stick with your interests and that of your followers, so that you can hone in followers that share your same interest or may potentially convert to becoming your client/s.
For more marketing and Twitter tips and advice, please be sure to subscribe to my blog. Just look over to your Upper Right Hand Corner. -> -> -> ->
Wishing you much success,
Small to medium-sized business make self-defeating mistakes when it comes to their social media marketing campaigns (or lack of)! In this post, I’d like to cover the 4 most common mistakes business owners commit; and, in my humble opinion, if they continue on this path, they’ll find themselves out of business sooner-than-later!
1. Quantity Over Quality (though a more proper term is measurable metrics):
90% of business owners that my agency runs social media audits for are under the FALSE belief that the number of fans they have is more important than the quality of fans/followers. The big mistake here is that business owners still view social media networks as mass tools to shove content down consumers throats. This is so frustrating to me. Gone is the ear of telemarketing and pushy sales. Social media is about tangible connections which offer solution driven content. You want to know the secret to client conversion, STOP PUSHING YOUR SERVICES/PRODUCTS on them. They’ll resent you for it! The reality is that it really doesn’t matter if you have 12,000 followers, if they’re not sharing your content, videos, tweets and the like, it’s equal to having ZERO fans! Social media is based on engagement. In fact, SEO will change and depend largely on how much interaction you’re having with your clients/fans/followers.
2. Too Many Social Media Handles:
From Facebook to Twitter to LinkedIn to Pinterest to Google Plus to Tumblr to Instagram to SnapChat, what’s a business owner to do? First, pick two or three you’re comfortable with. Plus, sit back, take a deep breath and analyze what these social media sites offer and the type of business you have. If your business caters to women, Pinterest is quite appropriate. It’s not if your business mainly caters to men. If you’re a dentist, Twitter and Facebook are quite appropriate. If you’re a realtor, Google Plus, Facebook and Twitter are more than enough, if you’d like to add LinkedIn for extra measure, go for it. You don’t need the other forums. However, if your business caters to teens, you’d want to focus on Tumblr, Instagram and SnapChat. More and more teens are growing bored with Facebook, so it would be a waste of your time. Pick up to three and you won’t waste your time or get overwhelmed.
3. Making Your Tweets and Posts All About You!!!
Notice the extra exclamation marks? I can’t begin to explain to you how frustrating it is for me to explain to my clients that social media networks are not about them or their business, but rather about the fans/followers/consumers. If you keep pushing your services down their throats, you’ll lose out to your competitors. If fact, I’ll go out on a limb, and make this bold statement by saying that within five years, you’ll be out business if you continue to ignore or use social media as it is meant to be. The last thing you want to do is bore your fans/followers by always talking about your brand. Of course, you want to sell more products and/or services, but unless you focus on how these services/products will improve their quality-of-life (so to speak), you’ll lose out. I guarantee you that if you start pushing out interesting and useful content, you’ll gain more fans/followers through engagement of comments and shares!
4. If You Fail To Plan, You Plan To Fail:
First, let me tell you this– if you’re not taking risks in social media, you’ll fail. I urge you to try different forums. Play around with your content and see what type of response you’re getting. If you’re not interacting and your content is not shared, change it up. Don’t be afraid of failure! I recommend that you make a weekly schedule. Pick a day or two for writing helpful content. Then pick a day or several days to share the content via the social media forums that best suit your business.
Please let me know if you have any questions or need a specific idea for your business. I’ll be happy to answer short questions and give you some quick social media marketing tips and advice. Just leave a comment below.
Wishing you much success,
A new iOS app for high rollers is now available for $999. The VIP Black known as “The Millionaire’s App,” offers the wealthy access to VIP luxury venues around the globe. Not to mention complimentary upgrades to hotels or priority access to exclusive clubs.
Here is more from the app’s iTunes listing: “Partners include Gordon Ramsay Restaurants, Virgin Limited Edition (Necker Island, The Lodge Verbier, and more.), Firmdale Hotels, and many other premium brands, venues and services around the world. Membership covers all aspects of the luxury lifestyle including butlers, theaters, personal trainers, private jets, a concierge, casinos, personal styling as well as a personal assistant.
I am still baffled that Google has not gotten its act together and fixed this ongoing issue with Google alerts not working! I wrote a post about it on 2/22/2013. Over a month later, and the issue has not been resolved. I just learned about this alternative, and I’ve read that it is a formidable option to Google’s ever failing alerts system. Try Talkwalker alerts system. Please share by commenting below if you like this option. Thus far, I feel it’s a mirror system to Google’s now defunct system. As a social media marketing agency based out of Miami, Florida, following trends on a daily basis is an integral part of our work. I am quite excited about Talkwalker.
Wishing you a great day,