First, let me preface this post by letting you know that at my Miami based social media marketing agency we don’t condone tricks of the trade (i.e. buying Twitter followers); because (a) we believe in transparency, and (b) you can’t leverage fake followers. With solid and honest work, you will garner a targeted Twitter follower base with the following how to tips:
- Tweet More, Get More Followers! Concentrated and frequent tweets offering quality content will increase your follower growth by up to 50%.
- Receive Up-To 3 to 4 Times The Engagement by Tweeting Multi-Media: Share videos and photos, and you’ll be rewarded handsomely!
- Increasing Your @mentions Will Garner You A Larger Following in No Time: The @ symbol is literally like calling someone out. So if you want to ask me a question on Twitter, just start the 140 character conversation with @ecopressinc. The same is true for any Twitter handle account.
- # Hashtags Have The Potential to Increase Your Twitter Following by 100%: Just this week I was coaching one of my clients on how to engage with their young Twitter followers. The product we’re marketing is an acne line product. So I urged my clients to use the # hashtag sign when speaking of #acne and #pimples. In no time (and I mean just this week) they grew to over 1200 followers. Of course it’s not only the advice I am offering here, it’s a result of a number of Twitter marketing strategies we used, but I promise you the advice I offer in this post is fool-proof!
- Retweets Will Get You More Followers: You’ll see the growth of your followers to increase by as much as 200% if you retweet your target audience’s tweets. No random tweets. Stick with your interests and that of your followers, so that you can hone in followers that share your same interest or may potentially convert to becoming your client/s.
For more marketing and Twitter tips and advice, please be sure to subscribe to my blog. Just look over to your Upper Right Hand Corner. -> -> -> ->
Wishing you much success,
Ever wonder how you can leverage social media with giving away a free digital download (i.e. eBook, music, essay, poem, image, etc…)? PayWithATweet is your answer. PayWithATweet is just as the name implies. Suppose you offer a free eBook but you want to be able to get its content to go viral, but not sure how to do this. Have them pay with a tweet and only then will they be able to download the digital file. The end result? Well, now all of the friends and or Twitter followers will at the very least have knowledge of your website and/or free digital download offer. Now if they find your information interesting, then they too will have to pay with a tweet and the process perpetuates itself. This is a great example of social media going viral.
We recently learned about this clever Twitter marketing tool. Although it is not free, we think the concept of being able to create polls and surveys, sharing on Facebook and being able to embed it on your website is pretty cool. we’re referring to TwtPoll. We believe their fees run either $9, $19 or $199 a month. I checked out their service and we definitely like it. If you’re managing your own Twitter media marketing campaign, TwtPoll is definitely worth a shot.
Copyright 2013. Eco Press: A Green Social Media Marketing & Web Design Boutique. All Rights Reserved.
Unless you’re Kim Kardashian, JLo, or the like, the chance of you amassing millions of twitter followers is slim. However, I really believe that it’s more quality than quantity, as cliché as that might sound! If you’re a realtor, doctor, lawyer, blogger, or hobbyist, you can absolutely garner a quality twitter following. The secret is to engage, not to sell, sell, sell!!!! At the end of this post, I will give you some examples of beginner to more advanced local Miami businesses or hobbyists which use twitter in a smart and proper way, without spamming (so to speak) other users.
Here are 4 ways to build a twitter following:
- Wefollow enables you to find other used based on your interests or specialties. List yourself so others with the same interests or in search of your specific specialties will be able to find you.
- Twitter Elite enables you to find twitter users based on location. Type in your city, state, or province, and follow the most influential twitter users.
- Twitter Counter enables you to find twitter users based on their number of followers and location. Also, it’s a good metrics tool to check your twitter account stats.
- Follower Wonk enables you to search for twitter users based on keywords in their profile, and filter results based on location, followers, follower counts, and more. Log in to search your own twitter followers/following.
Here are some local Miami based business or hobbyists that use twitter as it’s meant to be….. they engage, engage, engage! Mind you, not all of them have thousands of followers, some of them have a handful. That’ perfectly ok. Because over time they will build a loyal following which will actually be interested in what they have to say.
Bay Harbour Med Spa @medspa33154
Miami Beach based Author, Gigi Scott @ifionlyknewbook
Sara Pizano, Veterinarian, Pseudo-chef, Cake Creator & Baker @sara_pizano
Dr. Cecilia Magalhaes, Veterinarian providing at home vet care visits @vethomeexpress
If you’ve enjoyed this post, please share it with others interested in building a twitter following.
Wishing you a great day!
If you’re a volunteer or an employee of a non-profit organization, but are not sure which social media tools you should use as part of your marketing plan, here are some very effective tools I’d like to share with you.
First, let’s go over the basics of a non-profit marketing plan. 4 basic items to consider:
- Who are you trying to engage?
- What are you trying to achieve?
- What are the tools you’re going to use? (Don’t worry, I got you covered)!
- What will your marketing plan’s results look like when you’re done?
You need a solid marketing plan (much like creating a business plan, I’d create both). The above four pointers are a good place to start. To implement your plan, you’ll need some great social media tools. The following are the most desirable (in my humble opinion) social media tools best used for campaigns specific to non-profit-organizations:
- Search for key word terms (for example, pet rescue) on search.twitter.com. You will find twitter users who are speaking about pets or pet rescues. I would start by following them, and than reaching out to them, by asking them to visit your blog, or view your YouTube videos. DO NOT TRY TO SELL THEM ANYTHING, OR ASK FOR IMMEDIATE DONATIONS. If you do that, they will surely block you, or unfollow you.
- Create a fundraising campaign organized with twitter. Click to read their guidelines for non-profits.
- Promote awareness of your cause using Facebook and Twitter via Twibbon.
- Organize a petition with act.ly. I actually think this is a nifty tool to reach groups, organizations, or famous people who might share a mutual passion for your cause. This is by far my favorite social media tool for raising awareness.
- Create a cause, and add it to your organization’s Facebook page.
- Add your blog’s feed to your fan page wall via the Notes application.
- Add your events to your Facebook fan page.
- Ask your Facebook fans to upload videos which support your organization. (For example: if you create YouTube videos, be sure they have happy endings, and allow these videos to be embedded by others). Take a look at Hope For Paw’s videos. They are the perfect example!
- Apply for a designated nonprofit Youtube Channel. This is an incredible tool. I love it. Be sure that your videos have a happy ending, not a sad one! Encourage your supporters to engage and upload video responses.
- My absolute other favorite tool- the Google for Nonprofits. The benefits after you’ve been approved for eligibility is incredible. Apply Here.
- Be sure that your website or blog has a “Share This” widget.
I have two passions in life, my first, animal rights advocacy, and second, I am a social media marketing aficionado. I sincerely hope that these tools help you raise the funds your worthy cause surely deserves. I’ve armed you with more than enough information and tools to run your very own non-for-profit marketing campaign. However, you will need to dedicate a lot of time for your cause to succeed. You may need the help of additional volunteers. If you have the funding for it, you should absolutely consider a professional social media marketing agency to help run your campaign. Feel free to contact me to discuss a possible non-for-profit marketing campaign. Eco Press offers discounted rates to legitimate 501(c)(3) organizations.
Your Turn: I would love your feedback on this article. Please let me know if you find the tools useful and/or helpful. Please share any other tools you’ve used, that you think others would benefit from.
Thanks for taking the time to read my article!
– Anabelle Taub
Twitter: Quality over Quantity, or Quantity over Quality? Easy! Quality! If you’re a small business owner you’ve probably been solicited to buy a package of 5,000 followers for $99. You probably think having 5,000 followers will look impressive and add legitimacy to your business. Right? I beg to differ. As the owner of Eco Press and being a proud marketing whiz since 1996, I strongly disagree. My specialty is rescuing businesses who are literally going out of business, and turning them into a flourishing wheel of revenue. I do this not by quantity, but rather quality. I add quality to my clients’ online marketing campaigns; thus, I help set them apart from their competitors.
The biggest mistake I see people make with Twitter is that they think that having hundreds, if not thousands of followers will bring them business. However, if you’re not engaging your followers, chances are you’ve NEVER got one phone call, one conversion from follower to client! I know this to be true for so many. So, let’s get to how you can change this!
What should you say in 140 characters or less?
- Pose questions to stimulate follower engagement
- Don’t just post a link to a blog or event; ask for feedback
- Tag your followers and get them involved
- Use hashtags when posting to get in front of more users
Try my advice out. I hope you’ll find it useful! If you have any social media marketing or social networking questions, feel free to post them on the comments section below.
Wishing you a great day!
Eco Press, Socializing Brands